Easy Picnic Recipes
You are Here: Home | Picnic Ideas | Easy Picnic Recipes
Pin me to your favorite Pinterest Picnic Food Board
This page is Part 2 for the section on easy picnics and recipes that are simple to make, creating that great picnic for all your family and friends.
With just a little bit of preparation you can turn chicken, cheap cuts of meat, fish and pasta into gourmet dishes that will please every taste tester.
Picnics are an age-old tradition and wonderful summer past time. Spread a blanket, be it at the beach, on a hiking trail, camping by a lake or at an outdoor concert. Set up the picnic table with some delicious eats.
A picnic can be an intimate romantic meal for two or enough to feed a crowd. There are just a few key things to keep in mind when planning your next outdoor feast:
Choose food that is easy to transport and can be eaten cold. Also think of how easy it is to eat.
Avoid anything that is too messy or that can dissolve
Don’t forget to pack utensils for serving and eating and most importantly, take cleaning up 'stuff' like paper towels and hand wipes
Easy Picnic Recipes
Serving Size : 4
- 2 Kilo Premium Mince
- 1 Large Onion -- chopped finely
- 2 Eggs -- beaten lightly
- 1/2 teaspoon Mixed Herbs
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Sachets of Cuppa Soup Mix, Hearty Beef
- 1/2 Cup of Breadcrumbs
- Mix all ingredients together...the best way I can do this is all hands in and mix!
- Put into a well greased loaf tin or two and bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) for around 1+1/2 hrs.
- When cooked remove from tin and let stand.
- Once cool, wrap in foil and store in refrigerator until needed.
- Serve with any of my side salad recipes.
- You can add grated carrots, frozen peas, cooked and cubed potatoes as part of the mix....be creative.
Just keep the mix fairly moist as this will help bind the loaf.
Serve with more selections of Nanna Mazza's Cold Picnic Food Recipes.
Chicken Curried Rice Salad Recipe
Serving Size 4
- 1/2 cup Plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Curry powder -- divided
- 1 Garlic clove -- minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground red pepper
- 4 Chicken breasts -- - (boneless, skinless)
- 3 cups Cooked rice -- cooled,(cooked in chicken broth
- 1 medium Red pepper -- julienned
- 1/2 medium Red onion -- sliced
- 1 cup Snow peas -- julienned
- 2 Green onions -- sliced
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Unsalted peanuts -- chopped
- 1/4 cup Light Italian dressing
- Combine yogurt, 2 tablespoons curry powder, garlic, salt and ground red pepper in medium bowl; mix well.
- Place chicken in mixture; stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate 4 to 6 hours in refrigerator.
- Broil chicken (cook in chicken stock) and cut into strips; refrigerate.
- Combine rice, remaining 1 tablespoon curry powder, red pepper, red onion, snow peas, green onions, raisins and peanuts; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate one hour.
- At the picnic pour the dressing over the salad, add the chicken strips.
Recipe For Scotch Eggs
Serving Size: 6
- Plain flour, to dust
- 7 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded
- 2 tbs chopped fresh herbs
- 500g premium mince (pork, lamb, veal or beef)
- Breadcrumbs, to coat
- Oil, to fry
- Place the plain flour on a plate.
- Put 6 eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Slowly bring to the boil. Boil eggs for 12 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool completely.
- Peel and dust the eggs in a little flour so the surface is dry.
- Process the onion, garlic, chilli and herbs in a food processor.
- Add the mince and process until it is chopped even finer and the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the remaining egg and process until the mixture binds together.
- Divide the mixture into 6 even portions.
- Form a portion in the cup of your hand.
- Place a hard-boiled egg into the "cup" and shape the meat around to enclose.
- Roll it to smooth the surface. Roll in breadcrumbs and set aside. Repeat with the other eggs.
- Line a plate with a paper towel.
- When you have assembled all of the Scotch eggs, deep fry them a few at a time in deep oil over a medium heat for at least 10 minutes, making sure they are evenly browned all over.
- Drain well.
For your interest - The origin of the Scotch Egg
Serve with a selection of Cold Picnic Food Recipes at your picnic outing.
Easy Picnic Recipes For A Bacon And Egg Quiche
Serving Size: 4
- 8 slices multi-grain bread, crusts removed
- 250g Primo Premium Middle Bacon, rind and fat removed, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated light tasty cheese
- steamed snow peas, broccoli and carrot, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a 3cm deep, 22cm (base) flan or quiche dish.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out bread until flat. Arrange bread over base and sides of dish overlapping so base is completely covered.
- Place dish on an oven tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Spread half the bacon mixture over bread base.
- Pour egg whites over bacon mixture.
- Crack whole eggs over this.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon mixture and combined mozzarella and tasty cheeses.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes or until eggs have set.
Little Tip will make this even easier...
You can use a purchased flan instead of the bread.
* Top the mixture prior to cooking, with finely sliced red and green capsicum.
* At the Picnic serve with one or more of my Cold Picnic Food Recipes.
Just got back from the local supermarket and I have to say that, if you really want to do it easy, they have everything you could possibly need to produce a delicious picnic feast.
Plenty of easy picnic recipes already made up for you to select from. Sliced ham, chicken, turkey, salami, cabana etc. Some pitted olives, sun dried tomatoes, tabbouleh,potato salad and coleslaw etc.
With fresh crusty bread, you can't go wrong.
Have fun putting together your own gourmet easy picnic recipes menu.
Hey! Don't forget about me for easy picnic recipes!
- Grill me
- Roast me
- Spice me up, season me all over.
- Serve me whole or pull me to pieces
- Use my plump and delicious drum sticks
- Nibble on my cute little wings
I make the perfect addition to your easy picnic recipes menu. And don't forget to boil up my eggs (I call them my bottom burps), hard boiled eggs and mayonnaise makes a great protein snack.
Ideas For Easy Picnic Recipes On Instagram
These ideas are fun to put together and as you can see there is such a selection of tastes, ingredients and combinations. Remember to keep it simple, the idea is to have fun and not create a lot of work for yourself.
Please note that some links on this page are to companies
that I have an affiliation with. By that I mean that if you purchase a product
through them I receive a very small commission. This way of earning income is
termed Monetization and it is a way for me to keep my site out here for you to
enjoy. I will only affiliate with companies that I feel offer value for money
and excellent back up service. These are Companies that I personally have used
to purchase products for myself, my family and my friends. To learn more please
refer to my Disclaimer page
To the Top