River Boat Cruises
You are here: Home | Things to do in Melbourne | River Boat Cruises
But It's A Tram!
One of the best and most unique ways to take in the Melbourne waterways is with Melbourne Tramboat Scenic Cruises.
A unique, different way to cruise in style and comfort.
These cruise vessels are quite unique looking with a fully enclosed lower deck and an open upper deck to take in the scenery as you cruise past ships, docking yards, skyscrapers and parks and gardens.
On board you will find excellent facilities that include ...
- Lounge seating
- Stereo system with a wide selection of music
- A fully licensed bar
- Men's and Ladies amenities
The Tramboat river boat cruises travel in 2 different directions and the river boat cruises can be adapted to suit all needs, there is something for everybody.
- Depending on the weather and the tides, the time of the day and the personal choices of the passengers, the trip can take in the new Docklands area, under the Westgate Bridge, over to the fascinating port of Williamstown and across Hobsons Bay onto Beacon Cove.
- Cruise all the way up the Yarra River as far as Hawthorn taking in the Melbourne Skyline including the MCG, the beautiful parks and gardens that line the banks and arrive at Herring Island.
It Is Basically A Cross Between A Boat And An Old Melbourne Green Tram.
Take in a twilight cruise and see Melbourne come to life at night with the city lights and experience the casino Gas Jets as the "whoompf" their huge flames into the darkness.
- Travel along the majestic Maribyrnong River and learn about it's history and relationship with Melbourne.
If you are visiting during the annual celebration of the Melbourne Cup, then this is a must cruise, as the Flemington Racecourse is a destination point for one of their specific cruises.
Where Is The River Boat Cruises Tramboat Depot?
Victoria Harbour Docklands
The closest rail station is Southern Cross, and Tram No 70 from Flinders St to Waterfront City Marina and Tram No 86 tram from Bourke St to Waterfront City Marina Docklands, have a get off stop at D 11.
Does A Cruise On A Tramboat Interest You?
Use the form below to register your interest or if you need to know more information
Looking For Accommodation In And Around Melbourne
My travel partner, Booking.com, can help you out with top suggestions on where to stay whether it be in the city itself, the outer regions or even further out into the Victorian countryside.
Click Below For More Details
Please note that some links on this page are to companies
that I have an affiliation with. By that I mean that if you purchase a product
through them I receive a very small commission. This way of earning income is
termed Monetization and it is a way for me to keep my site out here for you to
enjoy. I will only affiliate with companies that I feel offer value for money
and excellent back up service. These are Companies that I personally have used
to purchase products for myself, my family and my friends. To learn more please
refer to my Disclaimer page
Follow Family Getaways Melbourne On Pinterest
Click Any Social Media Button And Follow
Back to the Top